Ads 468x60px

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Candace Cameron Bure: Hollywood Had 'Nothing to Do' With Eating Issues

Why did you write this book?
I have had so many conversations with women over the past five or six years when I would go to churches and speak; so many women were asking me about fitness and how I seemed to look better now after having three kids, and so I found myself having so many conversations and sending so many e-mails from my website. I was also writing for an
E-zine called Christian Women Online, and this was just a really big topic and the questions I got asked about the most, so I teamed up with my girlfriend and we decided to write the book.

When did your eating issues start?
They were in my late teens, early 20s.

Were they exacerbated because you were on TV?
No, I don't feel that at all. The struggles I had with eating were all about the adjustments in my life. I used food as a comforter. I was adjusting to my new married life, living in a new city. All these things were happy things for me, but it was really a new world, so that's what the problems were caused by. It had nothing to do with Hollywood.

That seems unusual. Most actresses talk about the pressures in Hollywood to look a certain way.
That's why I hope the readers will see I'm very much the same as other women. Just because I'm on TV, the reasons for me using food as a comforter are much the same reasons as a lot of other people. So I hope they'll appreciate the honesty and it's not some typical Hollywood child star's story.

I know you don't want to focus on it, but I'd like to talk to you a little bit about your bulimia. How bad did it get for you?
I really don't want to focus on that. I understand the media wants a story, but it's not what the book is about, and I don't want that part of it to be sensationalized. The only reason it's mentioned in the book, and there was a lot of thought that went into it before I ultimately decided to disclose that information to everybody, is because I wanted the reader to understand the journey. I'm not just a celebrity trying to push a new diet plan, but there really is an emotional connection so many people have to food. I think this book is unlike any other out there right now because it really does tie in the spiritual side and the relationship between God and food. It helps the reader understand we use food as a lot more than just feeding ourselves. I don't want to talk about that stuff

View the Original article

0 comments:

Post a Comment