Ads 468x60px

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Schultz apologizes for off-color remarks about Ingraham (Reuters)

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Ed Schultz tried to make amends for calling Laura Ingraham a "right-wing slut" on his radio show Tuesday.

"I am deeply sorry, and I apologize," said Schultz, who was suspended from his "The Ed Show" by MSNBC for his off-color remarks. "It was wrong, uncalled for and I recognize the severity of what I said. I apologize to you, Laura, and ask for your forgiveness."

"This is the lowest of low for me," continued Schultz. "My wife is a wonderful woman. We have a wonderful family. And with six kids and eight grandkids, I try to set an example. In this moment, I have failed. And I want you to know that I talked to my sons especially about character and about dignity and about the truth.

"And I tell you the truth tonight that I am deeply sorry and I tell them every day that they have to live up to standards if they want to be a successful human being in life. And I have let them down. I have never been in this position before to the point where it has affected so many people. And I know that I have let a lot of people down."

Schultz was unable to reach Ingraham in person to apologize.

Ingraham, a radio host and political commentator, criticized Schultz on her Facebook page: "MSNBC suspends Schultz. Oh great, now his ratings will go up."

In a statement released Wednesday, the cable channel said: "MSNBC management met with Ed Schultz this afternoon and accepted his offer to take one week of unpaid leave for the remarks he made yesterday on his radio program. Ed will address these remarks on his show tonight, and immediately following begin his leave. Remarks of this nature are unacceptable and will not be tolerated."

This is just the latest punishment MSNBC has had to dole out. In November, Keith Olbermann (who is no longer with the network) and Joe Scarborough were suspended for violating MSNBC's policy about political donations.

(Editing by Chris Michaud)


Yahoo! News


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

0 comments:

Post a Comment