Ads 468x60px

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Secret Life Of James Wolk

Mysterious as he is on "Mad Men," James Wolk is just as full of surprises as his character Bob Benson.


Although he's made quite a name for himself over the years -- and this year especially as the guy who hit on Pete Campbell (Vincent Kartheiser) on "Mad Men" -- Wolk insists he isn't above the classic odd job.

In an interview with Vulture's Denise Martin, Wolk admitted that one of his best memories is emceeing at bar and bat mitzvahs.


I grew up in a town where there were an immense number of bar and bat mitzvahs. When I was 15, I was approached by one of the bar and bat mitzvah companies to, like, dance and pass out glow sticks and do inane stuff, and I was told that ultimately it would lead to emceeing. So I started when I was 15 and everyone thought I was 18 or 19 because I was really tall. No one knew my dad was dropping me off five blocks before the temple. I emceed in metro Detroit throughout college, and even when I moved to New York, I would actually fly back on a Friday, emcee on a Saturday, and fly back on Sunday so that I could audition during the week. It was a big part of my life.

Sunday's "Mad Men" finale won't likely see Wolk whipping out any of his emcee skills, but hey may have an opportunity to put them to use on CBS' new comedy "The Crazy Ones" this fall starring Sarah Michelle Gellar and Robin Williams.


"My character is a total bulls*** artist," Wolk told Rolling Stone of Zach, his latest small screen alter ego.

Catch the season finale of "Mad Men" tonight, Sun., June 23 at 10 p.m. ET on AMC.


View the original article at Huffington Post / Celebrity

0 comments:

Post a Comment