Ads 468x60px

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Shakira Gets REALLY Candid About Giving Birth

Shakira is celebrating her first Mother's Day this weekend, but she admits becoming a mom wasn't easy.

"The Voice" mentor stopped by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on May 10 and revealed that giving birth to her son Milan was NOT what she expected.

"Well, you know delivering a baby is not as idyllic as people make it seem," Shakira, 36, said. "Don't expect that he is going to be rosy cheeks, cherub when he is born."

"Actually when I saw mine, I was like, oh my God. He is purple and wrinkled. What is this?" she joked.

Shakira welcomed Milan, her first child with her soccer star boyfriend Gerard Pique, in January and has been open about losing the pregnancy pounds. She told DeGeneres that she still questions whether she'll ever be "sexy" again.

"At first it's hard to deal with a lot of the things that you have to deal with. Looking at your new image in the mirror. I looked like a Shar-Pei when I first delivered," the "Hips Don't Lie" singer quipped, adding, "I was like, 'Oh my God. Am I ever going to be sexy again? Is my man ever going to feel attracted to me again the way he used to be?,' you know. All of these things you deal with."

But let's be honest -- Shakira looks better than ever and has been winning over audiences around the world as she laughs with co-judges Blake Shelton, Usher and Adam Levine on "The Voice."

"It was fun because people tend to treat you really nicely when you're pregnant, so the boys were actually more gentle with me," she said of working on "The Voice" while expecting, continuing, "Now they have no mercy!"

Also on HuffPost:


View the original article at Huffington Post / Celebrity

0 comments:

Post a Comment